Wednesday 9 June 2010


I've just returned from the fun and tiring Hay Book Festival.
My 1st event was at 4pm on a very hot Sat afternoon. It was sold out but the numbers were smaller, I think because some folk had melted!. They had billed me for the 2-4 year olds, a tough crowd especially when so hot and bothered.
The little darlings spend the whole time grabbing my books and props. A few were passed out in the corner.
I got the children up and leaping around and this time I had made masks.
Have you ever tried singing 'Old MacDonald' with too many 'moo moos' here and 'baa baas' there on a hot day?
Also the organisation was terrible I had no introduction and nobody collecting tickets!
I was moo mooing by the end of it, a swift visit to the hospitality tent put things right!
The next day was a different story. A 10am start and it was a lot cooler, we had a really fun day.
I couldn't have done it without my friend, Susie, a MASSIVE Thank you to her.





Finished with a visit to the lovely Giffords Circus
Magic still exists x

More photos on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment