Saturday 30 October 2010

Disqualified and Annoyed!


I need to moan about this... and perhaps a lesson to others. I tried to exhibit this Bear plus a screenprint at the Picturehouse in Exeter as part of the best of Double Elephant print workshop exhibition. I spent ages framing and preparing the work, following the instructions closely, including adding D rings. I'm new to this group exhibiting malarky and I was not allowed as my frame had only 1 D ring (and not the 2 plus string/wire thats required) I am so annoyed that such a small detail that I had no idea of has stopped me being part of this!

4 comments:

  1. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard! How disappointing for you. I absolutely love the print though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print looks fantastic, their loss that it's not included in the exhibition.
    You are very right to complain it's nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lovely cyber buddies. It's all a learning curve...They'll be sorry when I'm going solo at the Hayward! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta get your D-rings sorted. Errr....Bit daft, lovely print tho!X

    ReplyDelete