Thursday 7 April 2011

Nests

nests
blackbird
the roof is turning golden
My Garden is frantic with birds nest building and everyday I enjoy watching Mummy (more brown than black) and Daddy blackbird collect thatch from my roof and nest building gubbins from my lawn. They appear to work so well together! Reminds me of the nests I saw at the Pompidou in Paris last spring...click nests link below to see.
p.s if you look very carefully at my nest collection pic you'll see a small figure of David Seaman in the middle nest! (A goal keeper for England, from the beautiful game of Football...when we had some hope of winning!)

4 comments:

  1. Better than bloody seagulls building a next on your roof!! They wake you up with screeching at 4.30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeedi, but it cost an arm and a leg to repair the thatch from the damage by the evil jackdaws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet capturing of the bird.

    EWian

    ReplyDelete