Friday 6 May 2011

Inspiration Explotion

IMG_0573
Yesterday was one of those days that was so full of inspiration and imagery
it could feed me for a whole year.
Firstly a talk by Peter Rendall Page.
I could listen to sculptors talk forever...then Orchids arrived in the post.

Next on the way to the Tagore Poetry Festival organised by Alice Oswald I stopped twice, once to for a girl dressed all in black whose top hat blew off as she whizzed down a country lane on her bicycle, then again for a black crow who had been stunned by a car. On arrival at the festival at the grand Sharpham house, the performance Artist Ansuman Biswas(who lived in a box in gallery for 2 weeks, before Mr Blaines circus) dressed in black flowing robes was singing down the stairwell, whislt throwing paper Oms, which he later set fire to. He had very beautiful feet!

IMG_0605
Being Tagore
IMG_0631
So much happened but the highlight for me was my friend's aunt Josephine who sat in a bath reading whilst the lovely Croation house keeper added more bubbles to cover here modesty!
I tried to pursuade the poet lauret Andrew Motion to go in and sit on the loo. I could see he was very tempted.

IMG_0602
Artist Alice Leach.
IMG_0615
IMG_0620
Drawing round the music of Martin Holland.
IMG_0644
The Evening was amazing, the bunting I had hung was the perfect partner for the poet's words. The very funny Matt Harveyy admired the verticalness of it and I loved Zena Edwards sing-song work.
l also met photographer, Alice Carfrae who told me she shot a wedding where a Lama and a Ladybird (in a matchbox) were bridesmaids!
The 3rd Alice in Wonderland.

1 comment: