Friday 21 September 2012

Silly Busy again

Exhibition flyer
IMG_9166
IMG_9162

Firstly, I'm having a small exhibition of my non children's books work with my
talented friend Claudia Schmid (website coming soon!) at a little space in Totnes, Devon.

Then I was told that the book I was promised a contract for was not going to happen.
Sadly my main UK publisher Gullane Children's books is publishing no more books.
They are keeping all the backlist.
But the saddest part is that all the lovely staff have lost their jobs.
A MASSIVE THANK YOU to Paula Burgess, who has been the backbone of that company
for over 15 years and to Emily Lamm.

IMG_9152
IMG_9154


Anyhow my wonderful US publishers Holiday House, whom I met when I was in NY
this summer are going to publish it! They sent me this great book on the History of the company.
The logo is a drawing by Ernest H.Shepard.
I feel very honoured to work for a small company that has such a passion for Children's books.

Only problem is the book has to be done by the end of November. Yikes!

IMG_9052

I often have people come to chat to me about children's books, and the lovely
Sarah Strachan sent me this beautiful painted soft image as a Thank You.
The other little image on wood is by J M Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment