Monday 7 March 2011

Tagore Festival

DON'T LIMIT A CHILD TO YOUR OWN LEARNING
FOR HE WAS BORN OF ANOTHER TIME

The real Tagore
Jane as Tagore
I'm fortunate enough to have Dartington Hall on my door step. This year there is a celebration of the indian poet Tagor. He came to Dartington in the 1930's sharing his words and vision. He shunned violence and trusted the power of Art. He also had some great views on how to free up the eduction of our children. There is also a poetry festival at Sharpham organised by local poet Alice Oswald.
With my daughters school I'm creating Art, poetry and a life sized cow. I'm also planning the decorations at the poetry festival. So far my idea for the children to all wear Tagore style beards, as modeled rather fetchingly by myself above, has gone down well.
(His beard is apparently held in the Dartington hall archives!)
I'll post more of our creations for this exciting project soon...

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know it, thanks for share this new.
    Regards
    Felisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does suit you! Every stalkers dream! x

    ReplyDelete